Housing

Started by Admin Acacia, January 14, 2008, 01:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin Acacia

Remember when you are wanting to place a house in a certain location, there must be room for players to walk all the way around the house and not be blocked by anything.    I am finding more and more houses out in the world that are so close to mountains, that they can not be walked past.  Please do not try and get staffers to place a house too large for a location.

Never be less than your dreams.

Admin Acacia

Okay, we are getting more and more housing violations, so I am going to re-post the housing rules, which you all should be reading when thinking of placing your houses.  Please reread the housing rules found....http://www.sylvanheart.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=103.0

When allowing housing on the shard, we think along the line of our role play focus.  We play different characters for different reasons.  Most of the characters have their own unique personalities, or upbringing, why then should they all be made to live in the same location and house?

We allow 5 houses per account to help promote more variety for the role player.  This is not done to allow for more item hoarding, but I'm sure that will happen.  Players can not place their own houses, but need to page staff to do so.  You are not allow to have 5 18x18 houses all hooked together, but are allowed a variety of sizes.

Each account may have 2 houses sizes 14x14 to 18x18 or anything within that size range.  The maximum size house you may have connected is 2 18x18. You may have any size house connected, but only 2 houses may be connected no matter what size they are.

1 house 11x11 up to 13x13 or odd size with in this.

2 houses 10x10 or smaller with the freehouse given out to be 10x10 or smaller.

YARDS

These may only be on the South side or sometimes on the East side of the house. They can NEVER be on the West of North side of the house.

We are attempting to cut down on in game item counts, so we are saying you may have 2 yards maximum, and a max of 4 trees per yard.

Skynar

Since no players have control over placing a house, Except the general area,    Shouldn't the Staffers be the ones getting the "talk to" about this problem?     Not nagging or anything  but does not make sense to me how it would be the players fault. since the Staffers are the ones placing the houses for those very reasons..  And adding on that  Everyone staff i have had place a house has always checked, rechecked, and given me the 3rd degree just for good measure  when placing a plot. ....  SO  the real question is  how is this happening?

Admin Acacia

This post was not meant to chastise any player or specific staffer for that matter, but to refresh all our memories and to remind both Staff and Players alike to check and double check on things.  Some players will try and "fudge" a little on things.  Sometimes Staffers are busy and just rush a bit.  So... it is always good to refresh the memories on the housing regulations.  This so the players can't say.. "Oh, I don't know the housing rules."  Staff so they are refreshed on the rules.